Charlotte Square Gardens
The Edinburgh International Book Festival takes place in Charlotte Square Gardens (at the west end of George Street, a minute’s walk from Princes Street), which is transformed into a tented village for the duration of the Book Festival. All Book Festival events take place in a variety of venues within the Gardens – each a unique temporary structure built especially for the occasion including: RBS Main Theatre (570 seats), ScottishPower Studio Theatre (240 seats), Spiegeltent (180 seats), RBS Corner Theatre (175 seats), Peppers Theatre (190 seats), Writers’ Retreat (70 seats), RBS Imagination Lab (75 seats), RBS Story Box (20–48 seats)
Entry to the Gardens is FREE and EVERYONE is welcome! It is a wonderful green space in which to sit, talk, think, play and be entertained. There is much to enjoy during a visit to the Book Festival, it's not only about the events. You can see a favourite author, join in a workshop or debate, enjoy a cuppa in the café, a beer or a wee dram in the Spiegeltent, browse the two bookshops, or simply park yourself on the grass (with or without a book) and soak up the atmosphere.
The following facilities are available at the Book Festival for visitors with access requirements:
• Fully wheelchair accessible site and free wheelchair hire. Please pull in at the west end of George Street to drop off wheelchair users.
• A selection of British Sign Language interpreted events.
• Infrared systems in all theatres to assist people with auditory impairments. Please collect a set of earphones from the Information Desk in the Entrance Tent prior to your event.
• Guide dogs and hearing dogs are welcome.
• Braille, large print and audio brochures available.
Please contact the Box Office if you have any specific access needs for your visit to the Book Festival and we will do our best to help: 0845 373 5888 or email@example.com.